APHC have teamed-up with Gas Safe Register and Baxi to host a series of free technical workshops across England and Wales including an exhibition in Leicester during Quality Plumber Week.
The workshops are geared towards the interests of plumbing and heating contractors and will provide the opportunity to network with leading industry manufacturers and suppliers, as well as the Gas Safe Register operator.
Commenting on the events, APHC’s Chief Executive Officer, John Thompson said: “With the recent HSE Decade Review around gas safety and the launch of the re-tendering process to operate the Gas Safe Register, these events will provide an insightful opportunity to not only hear from the current operator, Capita, but to also pose questions directly to them.
“Baxi will be covering off the latest developments regarding the forthcoming Private Rented Sector Energy Efficiency Regulations, which will offer plumbers and heating engineers a number of business opportunities.
“With the tragic events at Grenfell Tower, Graeme Dryden our Technical Services Manager will be speaking about fire stopping arrangements concerning running plumbing and heating services through fire compartments in buildings.
“At our first event in Leicester, Graeme will also be speaking about the aims of Quality Plumber Week and how the industry can get involved.”
The event series starts on 5 October, during Quality Plumber Week, with a mini exhibition in addition to the workshops at The National Space Centre in Leicester, where attendance also grants free entry into the main centre to enjoy the space centre experience.
The half day morning events will run on the following dates:
• 5 October, Leicester: The Shuttle Suites, National Space Centre, Exploration Drive, Leicester LE4 5NS
• 9 October, Leeds: Baxi Training Centre, Leeds College of Building, Hunslet Campus, Cudbear Street, Leeds LS10 1HD
• 17 October, Newport: Coleg Gwent, City of Newport Campus, Nash Road, Newport NP19 4TS
• 18 October, Exeter: Exeter Court Hotel, Kennford, Exeter EX6 7UX
• 19 October, Dartford: Baxi Training Centre, Unit 5 Crossways Business Park, Dartford, Kent DA2 6QL
• 30 October, North Wales: Grwp Llandrillo Menai, Llandudno Road, Rhos on Sea, Colwyn Bay LL28 4HZ
To book a place or to find out more, readers can contact APHC directly on 0121 711 5030 or they can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about Quality Plumber Week can be found on APHC’s website by visiting the Quality Plumber Week webpage.