The President of the APHC (Association of Plumbing & Heating Contractors) is asking companies within the sector to review and provide input into the Government’s Industrial Strategy Document.
The Industrial Strategy is intended to help uplift the UK’s economy post Brexit and outlines a 10-point plan which industry has been invited to comment on. The 10-point plan covers:
1. Investing in science, research and innovation
2. Developing skills
3. Upgrading infrastructure
4. Supporting business to start and grow
5. Improving government procurement
6. Encouraging trade and inward investment
7. Delivering affordable energy and clean growth
8. Cultivating world-leading sectors
9. Driving growth across the whole country
10. Creating the right institutions to bring together sectors and places
APHC President, Mark Antrobus, commented: “The consultation outlines specific plans and investment for industry including the construction, technology and engineering sectors. This will directly impact the plumbing and heating sector; manufacturers, suppliers, training providers, plumbers and heating engineers need to review the consultation document and make their opinions known.
“This is our opportunity to have a say in what needs to be done to safeguard our sector and help build a world leading reputation for the UK’s plumbing and heating sector.”
The consultation was launched by the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) in January this year and responses need to be submitted by no later than 17th April 2017 using the online consultation platform at https://beisgovuk.citizenspace.com/strategy/industrial-strategy.